Friday, July 4, 2008

Blog Slacker...

Hi. I know. Everyone probably expected I would increase my blogging now that school is out...officially one week today at 1:30, however...I've been preoccupied and BUSY...(in a Good Way though:)

Let's see, last Friday was the last day of school--yay--after which I immediately had to leave to catch the tail end of a "summer school" meeting in another town...I raced to the meeting to find it ended early and mind you I had only just learned I would even be teaching summer school the day before...how's that for short notice! I had inquired about the program a few months back and was told all positions were filled, which I was fine with after learning it was pretty much a full school day long, but alas, after all that complaining about my week longer of summer and therefore less pay, I feel that it's the least I can do to make a little extra cash, not to mention I'll only be able to work for two of the three weeks of the program, so really, who am I to complain. The downside of this summer-schooling is that this past week was my only "me" week for the month of July...meaning my only "get stuff done, prepared, organized" week as I've been so looking forward to heading into my summer. I, like Amy, am a List Girl. I've done quite a bit this week, but there's SO MUCH MORE TO DO...mostly involving preparing for the lil' peanut, half of which is fun and what I spend more time doing (looking into the Stuff we'll be needing/registering for/buying) the other half of which is tedious and time consuming (finding a pediatrician/looking into birth classes/exploring health insurance options--*gag*) But alas, things could be much worse and these "stresses" are not stresses at all in the grand scheme of things...they're simply logistics.
So anyway, last day of school, meeting, then met Travis and drove up to MA for Travis' first Jiu Jitsu Tournament. He had been dieting (starving himself and exercising) so that he could compete in the lowest weight class and needed to "weigh in" on Friday night to see if he qualified. Luckily he did...two pounds under-weight actually, so then we headed to Amy and Chris's to spend the night...what lovely hosts they are, and that little Nolan is a cute little pip! Trav was able to eat a hearty meal for dinner and delicious pancakes for breakfast...(Thanks Chris for giving Travis a little more incentive for using our espresso maker...) Bo hung out with the Gemmiti's while Trav and I waited all day in the steaming hot, crowded gym for Trav's two chances to compete...I'd say we arrived around 11, his first match was at 1:30 and his second match wasn't until 7:30...ugh...AND we had no way of know what time these matches were going to be so we just waited and sweat and waited, etc. Love sitting on bleachers in 90 degree heat for 8.5 hours...The things you do for love!
We drove back home late on Saturday night, Sunday was a lazy relax day, Monday was off to Danbury to search out prego bridesmaid dresses to wear to Abby's wedding, unsuccessfully, and to check out some of the baby stores in the area. It was a nice visit with Jill especially the sitting and having lunch part.
Tuesday was run-around and do stuff in the morning and then a visit with Jenn, Vanessa and Reilly, which was much over due. It was my first swim of the season (shame on me), but really, I've had no interest in going outside in the heat these days. Usually I'll head to the beach for an hour or so here and there, but not so much right now...
Wednesday I met mom for lunch and to go to a little shop that carries a variety of cloth diapering systems to check out...checked out some cribs on my way back home...that's been the most recent preoccupation now that I've selected a carseat and stroller...I'm being my anal old self and being a stickler for quality...I want a set that's going to last and it seems like so much of the baby furniture out there, dressers especially, are crappy feeling or not real wood. I want real wood. I actually went to a big antique warehouse in town here and looked for well-built old-school dressers...found some, but then it would be hard to coordinate a crib to. (no, I won't be buying an antique, wobbly crib for our child, don't worry!) But I am hoping to look at some Lane bedroom furniture I saw on Craig's List tomorrow...Lane has a good, solid furniture reputation, right??
Thursday was run around some more, look at more furniture, pick out sunglasses (finally) so that when I go to my eye appointment on Saturday and get my eyes dilated, I'll still be able to order my new prescription sunglasses...yay! I HATE my old prescription sunglasses...very not cool at all but I've really been sensitive to the sun lately. I also have been seeing "floaters" which by itself is probably good incentive to get in to the eye doctor:) I've also been clearing out my soapmaking/smelly stuff from the second bedrooom...I had to make my last couple of batches of soap the other day for Abby's wedding favors and now everything is all boxed up and in the basement for awhile. Little by little that room is getting cleaned out. I still think it will be interesting to see how we end up managing all of our CRAP that has been in that room for the last 4.5 years! We'll figure it out...Speaking of CRAP, does anyone else ever feel like they just have too much STUFF...I can't even stand going up into the attic now that it has most of my past 10 years of teacher materials up there...Ugh! I hate it all! I wish I could just get rid of it all! I notice every dumpster in the neighborhood and dream of tossing stuff in it...is that what is commonly known as "nesting"...I've got a bad case of it either way!

As for the belly shot...well, we've taken a couple but really I'm just too lazy to get the camera, download and all that jazz...picture me with a soccer ball under my shirt and larger boobs and there you have it! What a weird thing this growing belly is! I can't imagine another 3 months of it! Scary!
So there's the update. On Sunday we leave for the Cape again, with boats and bikes, yippy! Who knows if we'll be able to ride the bikes though...Trav messed up his knee at the tournament. Most likely torn cartilage which he'll have to have orthoscopic (sp?) surgery for...He had an MRI last night but doesn't see the doctor until after our vacation...We'll see! I'm just glad to be getting away. When we come back I start summer school right away for 2 weeks then head down to Long Beach Island, NJ with my parents, Jill and Chase...Lenny and Travis will join us later in that week. THEN after that is when I get to have the regular, sit home and do nothing (except accomplish what the lists dictate) kind of summer I've been looking forward to.
Sorry so long. Now I'm done. Pictures next time or the time after that;) Not even going to proofread!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It was great to see you guys too. Cartilage, huh? We'd been wondering about that. Boo.

Happy list making and accomplishing!

Rebecca said...

Can I be on that list? I want to have lunch with your prior to baby arrival.