We had our ultrasound this morning and all looks to be right on target, which was really nice to hear. I'd post the pictures, but I can't seem to get them to not look like they're on an 8 by 11 piece of paper...I so have no patience for "troubleshooting" computer-related issues. But anyway, he/she is about 11 ounces at the moment and is already a thumb-sucker! It was really neat to see him/her swallowing and moving all around. We've been feeling movements now for about a week, which is also just an amazing reminder of what's going on inside. We may have to go back though for another ultrasound because the little peanut was not entirely cooperative so the ultrasound tech was unable to get a good look at the heart. She confirmed four chambers and a strong heartbeat, but would have liked to have had a better view...we'll see what the official word on that is.
While we've been busy all over the place over the past few weekends, I'm looking forward to this upcoming weekend when we are heading up to VT with my whole family as a birthday present for my mom. I plan to do practically nothing but relax, maybe get a hike in, and just hang out with the fam. No dogs allowed so unfortunately, Bo will be staying home with my parents' dog Buddy along with a friend who will be "dog-sitting." Yay for a weekend of no crazy dog, wait, I meant to say I'm going to miss him so much while we're gone...poor doggy for having such a selfish mommy.
2 comments:
Doggie bonding is always nice though. So maybe Bo is just as excited as you are and saying, "Woof! No mommy!"
Glad to hear the u/s went well and hope the follow up does too. I think they look for excuses to get you in for the Level II so they can have a doc look at everything more closely. And there is nothing wrong with a weekend away from the kid...I mean dog...
Post a Comment