Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bo's New Thing

So Bo has developed a new behavior that is rather cute (but not really okay...) To begin, you need to understand that Bo LOVES his daddy SO MUCH...I'm kind of like the crabby old lady he's stuck spending time with when Dad isn't home...I just don't roll on the floor with him or let him off the leash at the park (for fear of him running away or chasing another dog/trying to play with other passers-by)...I also don't like when he puts his slobbery toys up against me, or when he doesn't Drop the toy he wants me to throw for him. I'm not a big fan of doggie tug-o-war, but I'll play toss-fetch for a good chunk of time IF you follow my rules and Drop It...Rules Rules Rules. Poor Doggie.
Anyhow, I do take him for good long walks around the neighborhood where he gets to smell all kinds of new things and try to pick up every stick he spots along the way (except now, Crabby Me has to tell him to Drop It every time he picks a stick up because he will otherwise completely chew and swallow it...not so good for Doggie Digestion). Crabby Me is not a fan of cleaning up dog vomit, either...I am a very good Petter though. I'll pet for a good long time if you're not trying to bite my wrist or anything like that...
So the newest thing is that anytime Trav leaves, Bo stands at the door droopy eared and eyed for awhile with a look of "I can't believe he left me." He'll then find his way to the bedroom/laundry basket and return with an article of Travis' clothing...usually a sock, although today it was a hat. He lays down with it right at his nose/under his chin. It's cute. Though it's a reminder that I'm just not as cool and fun and loved as daddy is (which I have earned I recognize). Hopefully my grumpiness around him is just a "phase" and I will be more patient with him as he matures (which I understand for labs could be half-a-decade (yes, I consciously chose that verbage to exaggerate just how long puppihood lasts for labs!) Thank goodness Bo has such a good Daddy!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

No, you're fine. The house belongs to you not the dog. If you aren't strict and let him know who is the boss then Bo will end up running the house. I commend you, you Alpha Female you.

passaro said...

He just tried to steal my bit of chocolate with me right here watching him...

Amy said...

Fenway just turned 6 and is unstoppable.

We need to get the two together to run off some energy.

Supposedly my parents town has a new dog park - ???