Last weekend our little house was like an olfactory amusement park! I spent much of Sunday mixing and labeling my sprays and massage oils (new product;) So for a good portion of the day the house smelled of lavender, lemon, peppermint, grapefruit, etc. Kinda nice, but not so much after awhile...then there's the headache of getting the damn labels aligned...Grrrr...Then Trav came home from a study-break drive in his special car after having gone to an apple orchard where he picked up some apples. He got right to making some applesause when he came home...Yummm!!! That was the fall smell that I so much needed to get rid of my essential oil overload. A little warm chunky applesauce with a dollap of vanilla ice-cream...Delicious!!

There Goes the Neighborhood!!!

While I don't claim to be a significant contributor to the house values in my neighborhood, I try not to do anything that might bring more attention to our simple accomodations. Then there's the neighbor who is actually in the construction business himself in many of the wealthier towns at that. Well, last weekend, he apparently took it upon himself to begin digging up his walkway which I noticed on my way into the house. That's fine by me. Our walkway is a little "dated" seeming too so I thought nothing of it until Trav asked if I'd noticed the neighbors new "Belgian Block Retaining Wall." Okay, so maybe they're not exactly Belgian or even Blocks for that matter. Maybe there's a new market for that "crumbled walkway" look...Maybe Trav and I are sitting on a goldmine after all with both a front AND back walkway...I'll cut a deal to my dearest friends if you're interested in the crumbled curbside look...just let me know...accepting all offers...
2 comments:
You forgot to mention that that was revolutionary applesauce, cooked in the spirit of The Party and senior Che`.
I hope to go apple picking too in the coming weeks - Travis, will you share your recipe or is it a "make it up as you go" type of creation?
Post a Comment