Thursday, October 25, 2007

I don't get it...

Why can't people just Be Nice? Keep their word? Do the right thing? The only thing I can think of in my situation which I don't even want to waste time talking about is MONEY.

It makes me sad to think about not only the frustrating inconveniences such as what I'm going through, but of the terrible circumstances around the globe, just because of Money.

Disgusting.

Okay, and to turn the negativity around...Things I'm glad for...

1. My health and the health of my family (which includes Travis and his family:)
2. The roof over my head and the ability to turn the heat on (but not yet...)
3. That I can pay my bills (even though I complain about it)
4. That I have a job with benefits.
5. That I have 4 social obligations this weekend and had to turn one down:( sorry Tasha
6. That I have a cute neice and nephew to hang out with on Saturday.
7. That I get to drink wine with my new wine consultant friend on Friday;)
8. That it's fall and getting chilly and there's beautiful colors all around me and crunchy leaves below my feet!
9. That the people across the street have their lightpost dressed up like the grim reaper and when the front door is open I catch him out of the corner of my eye and get a little creeped!
10. That the people in my neighborhood have ridiculous blow up spiders in their yards, cobwebs in their trees, and RIP tombstones with round-headed ghosts dancing in a circle on their front lawn...
11. That my tea is finally cooled down enough to drink.
12. That my report cards are almost done!
13. That 1/4 of my schoolyear is over.
14. That I have all these great coupons with which to begin my holiday shopping (or not).
15. That my Halloween snickers bars were in the car on one of those blistering hot fall days and got all melty so now I have to eat them all because they're discolored and mis-shapen. Yum!
16. That tomorrow is Friday!!
17. That I have a nice support system of friends (some of whom even like me enough to read my boring blog!)
18. And lots of other things, too...

1 comment:

Vicky said...

I liked reading your list. You have such a positive attitude. It reminds me to think on the bright side. I'll miss seeing you at the wine tasting. Rich is out of town and I can't drink. Wine tasting isn't much fun if you can't taste the wine. Have fun and hopefully we can catch up soon.