Sunday, October 21, 2007
Crafty!!
So yesterday was my debut at a real live "craft fair" (although it was at my school). But when I got there, I quickly recognized that there were some serious "crafters" there. There was everything from nice quilted table runners and wall-hangings to crocheted and knit products to the *fancy* fringed fleece blankets and "decoupage" jewelry boxes. Then there was my table...down the side aisle, in the corner...you'd think that I had connections with my school's PTO and that they'd give me a little preferential treatment, but alas, we (Tasha and I) got the worst location in the house! But alas, we were recruited by a "scout" for another local fair...We were "invited" by this woman organizing her school's holiday fair...I asked if she was just asking everyone and she said that she was really just picking those vendors that had the an appearance of quality. She said that last year when they opened up the vending to the general public there was a lot of junk so they decided to do it differently this year. That was a nice compliment:) Plus, given that I still have PLENTY of soap and salt and smelly sprays and oils, I technically don't have to do anything to prepare for it:) But of course I always like to give myself more work so I'm thinking about making these cute little country/"primitive" ornaments I made as gifts a few years back...we'll see. And actually, another woman who owns a lingerie shop in town was going to be checking in with her mom/business partner and "holistic healer" to see if they might be able to carry some of my products in their shop once they move into their new location...we'll see what happens! It's kind of nice to get paid for your hobby...Well, time to get into report card mode....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lisa...I am not sure if I have mentioned it earlier, but your soaps are great! I loved the lavender oatmeal you brought up. It smelled yummy and I even used it on Nolan who tends to have sensitive skin.
You definitely have a talent with this...I say go for it with as many shows as you can. I have seen lesser quality soaps at many craft fairs!!
That is great Lisa. I second what Amy said. Your salts were great and very relaxing for a very pregnant woman.
Post a Comment