Neko started eating rice cereal on Christmas and was very fussy about it at first...needed to be very soupy, not warm, and required several attempts over a couple of hours before he would actually eat it. He now "gets it" and seems to recognize it as food and loves him some eats so he gets excited for it. It's been getting a little lumpier every day:) His first baby food was sweet potatoes this week. Mikey likes it! I thought we had more choices in the cabinet of veggies but apparently not so tonight we'll be starting on pears. I'm thinkin' he'll like those just fine and tomorrow I'll have to head to the store to get some more veggies. I think maybe I made him wait too long to start food-food. Though clearly (weight-wise) he has not been deprived, I just feel like he's been hungry and so even with just the rice cereal intro, that was not enough...but now that he's getting a little veggie action in there too I think he's doing better. I will not talk about sleep here;) But I will add that also this week, I moved the pack n' play into our bedroom and retired the bassinet. The poor kid was ready to jump out of it and was well over the weight limit. And because he's been up in the night or early morning, we're still reluctant to put him in with Keller. So in our bedroom he's been okay the past couple of nights...I also have learned the "put lots of binks in the crib" technique for when he wakes in the night...I never understood why cribs would have so many binks in them. I get it now. Loud and clear. My little bink-boy. We'll see how long until he moves in with his brother now. Ugh!
In other news, our roof is falling off, literally. We noticed this over the past few storms after having noticed a leak up in the attic, minor, but still...We've gotten a couple of roof estimates so we'll see when that happens...The chimney is falling apart. I've removed the broken front storm door. And the light in the kitchen doesn't work. Wanna buy it? But still, we're okay living here! Going to do the repairs and live here until we think it's really time to go...
And I took my old babysitting job back...nutty me...what the heck am I thinking? I'm thinking it's winter and I start thinking in winter, and looking for something, though I never really know what, and I get itchy to do something, to make a change, to make a buck, to do something else...and so I had been checking craigs list here and there for a local babysitting thing, thought about preschools/daycares, but again, while Keller might be interested and "ready" for the social/learning daycare type setting, I really don't want Neko eating daycare toys...and so, thanks to Facebook, I saw that the family was in need of a sitter again so I offered and there you have it. I'm nuts. But it's not for the full days that it had been. It will be either 3 or 4 hour days depending on the week. In the afternoon. During nap. Which stinks, but Neko will probably still nap, and Keller, well, Keller...who the heck knows...He was just up in his crib telling me he didn't need his tissue, he had to go peepee, he woke up (never went to sleep), he wanted to come out now, he doesn't neep a nap today...for one hour he did this, which may mean I get an extra hour of me time? Ha! That's a funny thought! He's a funny kid...
1 comment:
Loved reading about your holidays and seeing photos! Completely agree that visiting with relatives is much different this year - and I only have one baby! After lots of driving and little napping (boy, I miss the days when Max would sleep in the car as long as it was moving - so what if we had to cross our legs) we often get to our destination with a cranky boy. And no way will he nap anywhere else! But it's all good, and you are right, a temporary phase.
Hope you are enjoying the Ergo! Max still loves our daily dog-walk in his.
Happy 2011!
Post a Comment