Saturday, July 3, 2010

I'm In Love


I'm in love with my two little boys. I can sit contentedly for hours with one or the other in my arms and just soak up their sweet innocence and unconditional love. Keller has always been good for a cuddle or snuggle on the couch or on my lap all cozied up to read book after book. We could just "hang out" together, especially when I was feeling particularly pregnant. And now Neko, little Mr. Cuddle-Bug will sleep and sleep and sleep contentedly on me or Trav (or in his bassinet or on the couch or in the swing or in the bouncy seat or in the carseat...) and on occasion, I have the luxury of having two Cuddle-Bugs at once with me and it feels oh so good!!

I love that Neko sounds like a Canadian (Canada) Goose honking while he nurses, that he has a constantly greasy head of hair even post-bath, that he lets me sleep several hours at a time:) knock knock on wood, that he gets little fuzzies collecting in the creases of his tightly clenched little hands, that he has little Michelin Man arms, that he sometimes purrs when he sleeps (like Keller did), that he does the baby-bird-mouth-bobble-head when trying to nurse...
I love to wake up to the sound of Keller's sweet little chatter in the kitchen with his Daddy, that he immediately asks me to "kiss it"whenever there's a bump, boo-boo, or something is just not right (marker on his hand or a pancake crumb on his arm;)--I love that right now for these little things, my little kiss really can make it better because I know one day he'll need a lot more than my little kiss (*tear*) to make his boo-boos better...I love that he loves music and songs and my out of tune singing voice. I love our ritual of saying good-night to his piggies before we zip them into the sleeping bag. I love hearing him sing. I love hearing him ask "Where's Neko?" or "Where's Little Brother?" or "Neko go?"
I love that I have been given the gift of two beautiful and healthy children to share my life with. That I have been entrusted with the challenge of parenthood. And that I have the honor of sharing the role of parent with a loving and competent husband. These past twelve days have been a big transition for me and for the family and I never could have made it through the process of labor and delivery, the initial shock and awe of a newborn, and the adjustment to two babies at home if it were not for the support of having Travis around. I love to see him having Daddy time with Keller, being silly, showing him new things, allowing him to be a side-kick, taking him to the Jiu-Jitsu center, going hiking with the guys, playgrounding and sprinkler-parking, cuddling, "nuzzling", and just plain old being a good Daddy. In a few months, Neko will get his share, too, but for now I think they're both just loving the cuddles and the naps;)
I look forward to finding more and more to love about my boys, my husband, and my family as we continue to grow together and develop the comfort and values and trust and safety that will forever be Our Family.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Very sweet post. So glad you are enjoying your family.

Jen C-S said...

awwww :)