Friday, July 17, 2009

9 Months (and a week)!

So I guess I'm just not quick enough to sit him down with his teddy bears AND take a picture before he's up and moving, in this case crawling towards me with the "don't leave me in here" look on his face (see below:)
Keller's first words are officially "Da" and "Bo"...and by officially I mean that he uses them at the appropriate times, when he sees his daddy or BoBo.  As for "Ma" it's not very directed at me...I'm more the "mmmmm  mmmmm  mmmmm mmmmm" one that means I'm hungry or tired.  Soon enough though!  He also has become quite the copy cat which is cute.  He will say words (sort of) that we say so things like "book" and "ball" he'll sort of repeat back more like "buh", but he's making the effort and putting two and two together.  He also copies what we do...like this morning I coughed and he looked at me and coughed, so I coughed again, then he did...cute.  That back and forth thing is fun.  We do my turn, your turn with things too...like you eat Carrot Friend, I eat Carrot Friend and he actually gives us Carrot Friend to eat and then takes it back to eat himself.  This game cost Travis his cell phone as apparently a little too much baby slime can destroy a phone.  Oops!

He's a healthy happy guys still and still no teeth!  (see below:)  He is definitely on the go, crawling around, pulling up and a little cruising here and there.  His weight is down to the 65% and his height has become more aligned with his parents at 10% (although the nurse who measured him said that everyone does the measuring a little differently and if it's off by as little as an eighth of an inch that can change the percentage dramatically...she mentioned that after commenting about how according to the chart he looks like he's shrinking!)  Whatever...so much for keeping good reliable records, eh?

Keller's current favorite toys are the broom, the Swiffers, and the dust buster.  Hey, whatever makes you happy!  He goes right for them, pulls them down/out and just sort of plays with them.  Perhaps he'll turn out to be a neat freak!  Doubt it!  He also just figured out how to open the cabinets so that's become a fun game...open close open close open...yell!  oops, that was his arm he was trying to close it on!  And doors, open, close, open, close...he's learning that when a body part like a leg or something is in front of the door it doesn't close so good!  
So, needless to say, he's a busy guy and it's so nice to see and watch all of his curiosities and how he figures new things out all the time:)  The busy-ness has definitely improved his napping skills and he officially takes three naps a day!  They can range anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour and a half...so nice:)  And his general wake up time is now about 6:45, so he sleeps about 11 hours a night.  He's a good little boy and I love him so much!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

No wonder he sleeps so much, he tires himself out all day long.

Candace and Gennaro said...

So cute...he's getting so big! Is he sleeping 11 hours straight at night?!? If he is, you are so lucky and I am so jealous!