Thursday, January 8, 2009

Finally A New Post!!


So we're just hanging out a lot these days...playing with toys and talking it up!  Keller had his first official giggles a few days after Christmas and that made my day...we love trying to get him to giggle--too cute!  I realized that so many pictures we have of Keller are of him being Mr. Serious even though he really is much more of a smiley kid these days.  The problem is that as soon as you hold up the big black camera in front of him he becomes a bit more like a deer in the headlights. 

The above picture was one of my lone attempts to not look through the camera viewfinder to take the picture...you can at least tell by his somewhat squinty eyes he was smiling!  Below is a little better, but that actually might be more of a babble expression...


Then we have Keller's new favorite pastime here...finger/hand sucking....too cute...I had to get the video camera out so I could record the lip-smacking sounds he makes when doing this...very cute.  His other new discovery is sucking his bottom lip....hmmm, I should see if I have a picture of that.
I've been getting out for various errands here and there...mostly trying to check out Gap's clearance racks...I think those are my favorite clothes for him although he only really wears sweats most of the time...I really need to not buy anything really since I'm technically poor and unemployed, but who doesn't like a cute little well-dressed baby!  Luckily we have been getting clothes from Keller's little buddy Joseph (Jackie, can I post a picture of them??) so those combined with what people have given us is pretty much sufficient for now, but I guess I just like to supplement a little:)
I still can't believe how quickly the days fly by, even when he doesn't nap at all....well, I guess he always naps a little, I just don't count the 1/2 hour naps that he likes to take.  He's actually been sleeping for about 2 hours now...I guess I need to make a habit of putting him in his swaddle bag to nap from now on.  I just figured that he didn't need to be swaddled for just a nap but I guess I'm wrong.  I'm hoping to modify his sleeping schedule a little because I'd like him to stay up a little later so that I can sleep a little later in the morning.  Of course I shouldn't complain by any means about his sleeping but if I can swing a 7:30 wake up time over 6:30 I would prefer that:)  He also has been up the past few nights at around 4 or 5  but I've been able to feed him and get him back to sleep...I'm loving being home with him...he's such a stinkin' cutie!!  Lucky us!!

No comments: