I'm having a personal day tomorrow, just because. I ALWAYS save my personal days for as long as I can, considering I only have two and those last couple months of school always need a break in there, but alas, I used one up now, only February, 7 work days before my February vacation, because I just have things to do, sort of. I guess another big contributor to me taking tomorrow is because Trav just left for business which means tomorrow will be an entirely ME day, which I think I really need. We've been rather busy on weekends, especially this past weekend, which meant no real down time, and then to jump right into the work week feeling unrested has made for a tough couple of days. Pair that with having to "remind" kids all day how to behave then to come home to "remind" a dog how to behave (and a husband;)...kidding, dear;). I honestly can't imagine how people who work with kids all day then come home to infants and toddlers do it...exhausting! So tomorrow will hopefully be my "refueling" day.
On a second note, our dear pup has this need to bark good and loud whenever he hears people outside and generally for as long as he hears them. Considering my neighborhood's relatively close quarters, this can be rather often in the evenings (particularly tonight, trash take-out night). Here I am trying to discourage him from barking and putting him in his crate, but then I think that it's probably a good thing that he barks because he's keeping us oh so safe, right? What are your thoughts? Perhaps I need to just let that one go? This dog thing sure is a big responsibility particularly for someone who misses her days of "no responsibility." A few more weeks and I'm sure he'll have won my whole heart over...
Oh no. I just let the poor guy out of the crate and realize he's limping. I thought it was odd that he didn't give me his paws to wipe when we came inside before and that he kept sitting on his side/hip. Good thing I have the day off tomorrow...and Trav's driving through a snowstorm right now, most likely having a cancelled work day tomorrow anyway...
Poor BoBo...
Amazing what can transpire during the short length it takes to compose one stinkin' post.
3 comments:
Hope you had a great day off!! :)
oo limping doggie..there might be something stuck in his paw..maybe minor like between the toes..he WILL protest but try and get a good look at it..you mayhave to wait until Trav gets home though..so one of you can hold his head while the other searches for the culprit. Sometimes a larger dog will take teamwork. I hope you had a wonderful refuel day!
Something I learned yesterday from a lady I know who owns Labs...they have a double coat diue to the fact they were bred to retrieve in Labrador from the ocean..hence the name Labrador Retriever.. anyways.. She told me they shed monstrously..and when you brush them you need to be able to get a bruch that can reach through to the second insulating coat. One nice thing is, the girls shed more than the boys, so you've got that going for you!
Post a Comment